Agenda09.00 - 09.45SGT
Secondary investors are more encouraged by an increasing openness to secondaries in Asia. LPs are keen to generate liquidity given market uncertainty, while GPs who previously declined to take part because they had IPOs in the pipeline are now revising their expectations. As investors expect longer holding periods, our panel explores the way forward on the path to liquidity.
09.45 - 10.40SGT
- How can secondaries be a tool for liquidity?
- Are we seeing a meaningful change in valuations?
- What and where are the best opportunities?
- What level of appetite is there for single-asset continuation funds?
Decarbonisation and the road to net zero opportunity set has been compared to the technology wave as private market investors, corporates, and governments look to collaborate and unlock the enormous potential of the green economy. However, although it comes at a significant cost and there is still plenty of work to be done, technology, innovation, and collaboration can play a big part in accelerating the transition. Our panel of experts discuss how to unlock the opportunities provided by the energy transition shift.
10.40 - 11.00SGT
- What are the opportunities for green investment and how can one accelerate the net zero transition?
- What are the challenges holding back investment in the green economy?
- What role does innovation and technology play in accelerating the transition?
- How can private equity firms access sustainability-linked financing?
Networking Coffee Break
Sponsored by11.00 - 11.45SGT
Notwithstanding the more cautious approach by investors amid the deteriorating macroeconomic landscape, Southeast Asia’s digital economy remains strong in terms of its growth trajectory. From e-commerce to digital banks and climate solutions, technology continues to fuel business growth and provide opportunities for private market investors. Our panel of leading investors consider the best ways to harness the new economy and the services and investments that will stand the test of time.
11.45 - 12.30SGT
- What new sectors are emerging?
- Has funding continued to flow into the ecosystem? What is the source of funding?
- What are the most viable exit routes for businesses?
- Are we seeing a stronger focus on financial and risk controls among businesses in the region?
With institutional investors becoming more selective on allocations and new commitments amid worsening market conditions, it is understandable LPs might be wary of less established markets like Southeast Asia. There is recognition that the region has significant potential, however GPs can benefit from better track records, transparency, and internal processes to demonstrate the maturity of the market. LPs who have been long in this market, share their views on the evolution and what the future holds for this promising but complex market.
12.30 - 13.30SGT
- Investment considerations – what are the prime concerns for LPs in the region?
- LP-GP relationship - is more transparency needed?
- Alternative assets - private debt still in vogue?
- ESG – what are LPs’ expectations?
- Liquidity – secondaries and local exchanges?
Networking lunch and close of conference
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close