Airport M&A in the post-pandemic world
Airports are still reeling from the pandemic with traffic levels yet to return to 2019 levels. This has hit M&A in the sector as investors wait for a full recovery before selling. But share prices of many operators have rebounded and many expect a busy summer to fuel airports’ recovery.
- Will strong traffic figures for 2023 help to reignite the market?
- Or has the pandemic resulted in permanent changes (such as less business travel) that will prevent a full recovery?
- Is there potential for distressed situations as weaker airports continue to suffer from low traffic?
- Will concerns over decarbonisation deter some investors or attract others keen to invest in decarbonisation?
- What are the prospects for airport privatisations?
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close