Panel discussion – The evolution of the green supply chain: resiliency and sustainability
Supply chain issues will continue to be a major focus for both developers and contractors and, as the market grows worldwide and the pressure to engage local supply chain grows, there will be big challenges ahead. In particular, these issues seem to be plaguing the renewable energy sector: securing and demonstrating a localised supply chain; technological hurdles; lack of standardisation and decarbonisation of the wider supply chain.
- The importance of promoting local content development – the impact of the US Inflation Reduction Act on overseas investments and comparison with the domestic market
- Developing supply chain clusters; dealing with competition, outsourcing strategies and positive impact of innovation on CAPEX and OPEX
- What are the investment opportunities and challenges? Are independent investors having to fund whole supply chains? Which interdependencies are currently underinvested and how to allocate resources to limit risk?
- Preparing for increased demand through innovation and improved asset management: maximising production and minimising operating and maintenance costs with smarter operation management (digital asset management; remote monitoring with IOT, predictive maintenance and AI)
- Policy and regulations and the impact of the current lack of standards on insurance, cost and deliverability of contracts
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close