Managed Lanes: Growing sophistication
Managed lanes promise to cut traffic congestion and generate revenue to fund transportation projects. But projects can carry significant risk from political opposition in the planning stages to the chance tolls will generate less than forecast revenue.
Panellists with experience in structuring deals will discuss issues such as long-term viability; lessons learned and give their projections for ongoing viability of these models.
- How have structures improved over the last five years?
- What are today’s challenges in getting a managed lane project up and running?
- What are the key elements of the demand risk vs. availability debate and are there hybrid solutions?
- What types of performance (traffic easing, sustainability, etc) do projects aim for and how is this evaluated?
- How do constituencies view tolling and tolling increases and has education around them improved?
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close