Agenda09:30 - 10:00CEST
Registration and coffee10:00 - 10:10CEST
Chair's welcome remarks11:15 - 11:45CEST
Networking break10:10 - 10:30CEST
Presentation: Mergermarket M&A & PE data10:30 - 11:15CEST
Panel: Deal Drivers, Origination and challenges to expect in 2022
This session will explore the German M&A landscape, cross-border M&A activity, the impact of COVID-19 on pricing and valuations as well as which sectors are likely to emerge strongest from the ongoing pandemic. What impact will further COVID-19 waves, lockdowns, trade and regulatory challenges have on deal activity.
11:45 - 12:15CEST
- How do German corporates go about identifying possible M&A targets and What tools do they use?
- How much do they rely on advisers or local networks?
- What is the role of local managers in suggesting possible targets and what considerations need to be considered?
Presentation: The long view of M&A – private equity vs. corporate acquirors
If you are a corporate acquiror in 2022 then private equity is coming to eat your lunch - or to eat you. With M&A multiples at 30-year highs find out how competition between private equity and strategic acquirors for deals is driving a valuation frenzy, how private equity is gatecrashing strategic acquirors' growth plans, and what corporate acquirors can do to respond.12:15 - 12:45CEST
Talking from experience: Springer Nature case study12:45 - 13:45CEST
Lunch break13:45 - 14:15CEST
On-stage interview: Key drivers of growth for Private Equity in Germany
This session will examine how can the European market overcome the ever-increasing competition of private equity firms and what can we expect if the dry powder continues to grow. The panel will also delve deep into:
14:15 - 14:45CEST
- Should Private equity funds specialise or continue down the generalist route?
- How are private equity funds adding value to their investments and what are the challenges they are facing?
- How is the fundraising environment changing?
- Will there be an adverse effect if public markets keep sliding?
- Should the race to go public continue?
- How can you truly balance the interests of your shareholders with those in your LP pool?
Shareholder activism in Europe
Germany remains attractive country for activists. Geopolitics, climate change movement, the pandemic and supply chain disruptions have put made many firms targets with growing focus on environmental, social and corporate governance causing concern.
14:45 - 15:25CEST
- Can we expect these recent developments to emerge across Europe and will we see more international activists pick up targets?
- What sectors are high on an activists hit list?
- Which other European countries are ripe for an activist’s pick?
Panel: Panel: Cross-border M&A deal drivers
DACH M&A activity – how is the market shaping up post-pandemic and has the inability to travel for meetings hindered cross-border deal making. This panel will discuss:
- What is the current pipeline for deals and private equity appetite? What is the pipeline for M&A in the Mittelstand?
- What has encouraged inbound activity from Asian investors and in particular Japanese companies?
- What is the pipeline for divestments as corporates seek to consolidate in the face of a downturn?
Chairs closing remarks and networking drinks
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close