Registration and breakfast
Chair’s welcoming remarks & Debtwire's 5 charts on Spain
Keynote presentation: 2022 Spanish Macro Outlook
In this keynote presentation, the speaker will review the economic outlook for Spain and what this means for the debt and credit markets. The speaker will analyse the main trends in credit markets including sponsor-backed M&A, issuance, pipeline, and maturities.
Panel: Spanish Leveraged Finance Outlook
Low interest rates are expected to spur a large volume of investment from Spanish corporates and sovereigns in the leveraged finance market. A surprise from the pandemic has been the knock-on effect of cheap money leading to investors looking towards the Spanish high yield market for opportunities. This panel discussion will review:
- What are lenders’ views of the Spanish market?
- What is the pipeline for loan and bond issuance in Spain?
- Has leverage reached new heights or is it starting to plateau?
Panel: Trends in Green Lending
Spain launched its inaugural sovereign green bond programme in 2021, but what are investors’ views on the trend of sustainability linked lending?
- What is the difference between sustainability linked loans and green loans?
- How is ESG performance measured in the sustainability criteria of green lending?
- How can lenders ensure real impact rather than ‘green washing’?
Presentation: Practical approach to pre-insolvency restructurings in the proposed new insolvency act
Panel: Spanish Restructuring Outlook
Activity in the distressed and restructuring space in Spain has remained subdued recently as investors have turned their attention to other opportunities. However, dealmakers do expect a wave of distressed deals to come once government measures to assist companies during the pandemic come to an end. Panellists will discuss:
- When will the wave of distressed opportunities reach the market?
- How has the SEPI scheme affected the market and Spain’s economy?
- What will the aftermath of the pandemic bring in terms of distressed opportunities and challenges?
Panel: Direct Lending Landscape in Spain
Spain is an increasingly attractive market for private debt investors. Over recent years, private equity investment in Spain has progressively increased as well as direct lending which experts believe will grow exponentially in the future. Panellists will review:
- How will the consolidation of the Spanish banking sector affect direct lending?
- What will direct lenders’ role be in LBOs in the Spanish market?
- How is documentation evolving?
Case Study: Distressed Sectors
This case study will review an opportunity within a distressed sector in Spain. The hospitality and transportation sectors felt the most impact from COVID-19, but what opportunities are there for investors amid government support?
Networking lunch & conference close
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
Sign-up to join the ION Analytics Community to:
- Register for events
- Access market insights
- Download reports