Chris Dickerson is a partner in the Firm's Financial Restructuring group and a member of the Special Situations Group. His practice includes the representation of a variety of clients in complex business reorganizations, debt restructurings, and insolvency matters, including purchasers of and investors in distressed companies and lenders to and creditors of such companies and other special situations.
Mr. Dickerson has assisted numerous large corporations both inside and outside chapter 11, including Ameriserve, Antioch Holdings, Atlas Energy, Babcock & Wilcox, Blackjewel L.L.C., Caesars Entertainment, Circuit City Stores, CIT Group, Diamond Brands, Delphi Automotive, Inc., Edison Mission Energy, Inc., Extreme Plastics Plus, Goss Graphics, Global Cloud Xchange, Harnischfeger, HomePlace Stores, Jitney Jungle Stores, One Aviation Corporation, Orius, Refco, US Airways, and Vanguard Natural Resources
He has also assisted numerous investors in and acquirers of distressed assets including Angelo Gordon, Black Diamond Capital Management, Deerfield Capital Management, HIG Capital, Hilco Global, Macquarie Capital, Madison Industries, Silverpoint Capital, Victory Park Capital Advisors, and Versa Capital Management. Mr. Dickerson also often assists both institutional and alternative lenders in workouts and other situations including Bank of America, BMO Harris, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, Monroe Capital, THL Credit, and Wells Fargo.
- The Legal 500, Finance - Restructuring: Corporate (2021)
- The Deal magazine, Regularly listed as one of the Top Bankruptcy M&A Lawyers
- Named in Chambers USA, where sources have described him as a "very creative, very aggressive and [a] very smart bankruptcy person," whose "creativity and approach and overall client service are most impressive." Chambers also noted his "particular expertise in acting for secured lenders in the acquisition of distressed assets." Commentators have found him "very professional and knowledgeable, and [he] has good scope and appreciation of what needs to get done."
- Named in The Best Lawyers in America
- The Legal 500 United States recognized him as "commercially savvy and very strategic."
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D. (cum laude, Order of the Coif)
- Georgetown University, M.A., National Security Studies
- United States Naval Academy, B.S.
Military Service Following graduation from the United States Naval Academy, Chris was a naval flight officer in the US Navy for 11 years, assigned to Fighter Squadrons 101, 142 and 124.