Registration and Breakfast
Mergermarket chairperson opening
Keynote Presentation: Macroeconomic outlook for Spain
This keynote will examine the political situation between Spain and the European Union & the European Union’s relationship with Russia. What will the geopolitical implications of the conflict have on the future pipeline of deals and what sectors will be impacted the most.
Panel: Deal leaders - Spanish market activity
What strategic corporate changes are enhancing companies and how is the financial sponsors community aiding the process. How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected deal making over the last two years and what is the current outlook for market activity.
Fireside Chat: Sector spotlight - Technology advancements
Technology sectors in Spain have made stagy progress in the last few years. The important international component of the technology-driven transactions evidence how Spanish companies have developed experience at home that they have exported overseas with great success.
- What are the current trends in technology and how the market looks like in the upcoming years?
- Are international players looking to invest in the Spanish tech market?
Networking Coffee Break
Panel: Private Equity
- Why have foreign private equity funds and Middle Market investors become more interested in Spain?
- What type of deals are Private Equity considering?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the mid-market through 2022?
- Forecasting trends in private equity and Middle Market
Panel: ESG focus
Sustainability has climbed higher on all our agendas. The importance of considering ESG factors in M&A has magnified. The question is where, how and can you really find value-generating business rather than merely risk mitigation. Private equity funds are also finding increased focus from LP investors to deliver profit with purpose. This session will consider how ESG factors are playing into investment opportunities.
- How is the focus towards ESG impacting corporate strategy, fund raising activity and valuation?
- How are ESG factors being incorporated into due diligence processes?
- What post deal processes are in place to support sustainable practices?
- What is the potential for greater regulatory scrutiny at national at European level?
- 10 years view - where will we be in 2030?
Networking Coffee Break
Panel: M&A in Energy
Industrials focus - regulation and geopolitical consequences.
- Deal flow – what will be the trends in 2022?
- Role of players in the market: Utilities/ Infrastructure funds/ Private Equity funds
- Oil & Gas: challenges and drivers for future investments
- Utilities: how will the “tariff deficit” impact future deal flow?
- Cross-border M&A opportunities: LATAM, US, EU
Conference end and Networking lunch
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
Sign-up to join the ION Analytics Community to:
- Register for events
- Access market insights
- Download reports