Registration and Coffee
Panel – The State of the market: deals in Italy
This session will discuss the most relevant deals and future investment opportunities in the Italian Large and Mid-cap space, lessons learnt and future investments. How do global large-cap investors view potential target investments in Italy? Are there enough large- cap assets for their investment appetite?
- Market expectations in the current macroeconomic uncertainty
- Which firms benefitted most from the pandemic: lessons in resiliency
- The wave of global funds’ investments in Italy: sector focus
- Do I do the deal or not? Deal feasibility across sectors, deal making scenarios, changes in strategy (GPs vs LPs) and new assessment criteria
- M&A activity: deals keep performing
Panel – New Private Equity business models: digitalisation and innovation
Italian private equity players are now facing new challenges in trying to scale up their size and investment activities, and Italian medium and small enterprises need to consolidate their local market position and develop visibility and market shares also at an international level. In doing so, fund managers will be requested to build new business models and adopting digital transformation could be the key to success.
- Innovative trends within Private Equity: which new business models are emerging?
- How are LPs and GPs' approaches to deals changing: new drivers and relationship potential
- A practical overview of how understanding and overcoming risks related to digitalisation help build resilience
- Impact of digital transformation on smaller businesses and how COVID-19 has helped speed up this trend
Fireside chat – A practical approach to sustainable development and ESG criteria
The rise of ESG principles of sustainability has been one of the most notable developments within the private market over recent years. For most investors, ESG due diligence is not just a box-ticking exercise but has rather become a strategic investment driver, an important step in value creation.
- Understanding the link between responsible investments and outperformance: the importance of ESG on deal-making and enterprise value creation
- Moving on from compliance to value creation: how does adopting a strong ESG policy lead to better long-term returns within private market portfolios?
- ESG impact on ratings and reputation
- How to integrate ESG into your deal practices
- The social aspects of sustainability
Presentation: The long view of M&A – private equity vs. corporate acquirors
If you are a corporate acquiror in 2022 then private equity is coming to eat your lunch - or to eat you. With M&A multiples at 30-year highs find out how competition between private equity and strategic acquirors for deals is driving a valuation frenzy, how private equity is gate-crashing strategic acquirors' growth plans, and how corporate acquirors are responding.
Panel – The evolution of Private Equity in Italy: new business models, opportunities and market trends
This panel will discuss how private equity is changing and how the current market trends (and the reality of the post-pandemic world) are driving this change as well as impacting it. They will also debate investment opportunities to explore the various approaches to the deal process, value creation strategies, sector views and ways of exit.
- How is the macro – rising energy costs, growing inflation and interest rates, shrinking consumers spending – going to impact the Italian Private Equity market? Which sectors are suffering the most? What is the impact on valuations and multiples of reference?
- View of players: which sectors have been blacklisted and which are rising stars?
- New dynamics: alternative sources of funding; return on expectation on asset allocations; traditional Private Equity vs alternative asset classes
- Club Deals, Search Funds and Pledge Funds: are these the current investment focus for private equity?
- Generalist funds vs. sector focused funds
- What are the viable exit routes for Italian companies in 2022?
- What is the future of SPACs?
Closing remarks from the Chair
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
Sign-up to join the ION Analytics Community to:
- Register for events
- Access market insights
- Download reports