Welcome remarks from the Chair
Opening keynote – Setting the scene: a macro-economic overview of the Italian market
This keynote speech will examine the current macro-economic trends and private equity environment in Italy.
Panel – The State of the market: deals in Italy
This session will discuss the most relevant deals and future investment opportunities in the Italian Large and Mid-cap space, lessons learnt and future investments. How do global large-cap investors view potential target investments in Italy? Are there enough large- cap assets for their investment appetite?
- Market expectations: why is the Italian PE market still so bullish, even with the current macroeconomic uncertainty?
- The new (and expected) wave of global funds’ investments in Italy
- GPs vs LPs: cross sector developments and scenarios
- Which firms benefitted most from the pandemic: lessons in resiliency
- M&A activity: deals keep performing
Panel – New Private Equity business models: digitalisation and innovation
Italian private equity players are now facing new challenges in trying to scale up their size and investment activities, and Italian medium and small enterprises need to consolidate their local market position and develop visibility and market shares also at an international level. In doing so, fund managers will be requested to build new business models and adopting digital transformation could be the key to success.
- Innovative trends within Private Equity: which new business models are emerging?
- LPs and GPs organisation, structure and relationship: what is changing?
- A practical overview of how understanding and overcoming risks related to digitalisation help build resilience
- How is digitalisation a new driver to create value and generate superior returns?
- Impact of digital transformation on smaller businesses and how COVID-19 has helped speed up this trend
Presentation: The long view of M&A – private equity vs. corporate acquirors
If you are a corporate acquiror in 2022 then private equity is coming to eat your lunch - or to eat you. With M&A multiples at 30-year highs find out how competition between private equity and strategic acquirors for deals is driving a valuation frenzy, how private equity is gate-crashing strategic acquirors' growth plans, and how corporate acquirors are responding.
Fireside chat – A practical approach to sustainable development and ESG criteria
The rise of ESG principles of sustainability has been one of the most notable developments within the private market over recent years. For most investors, ESG due diligence is not just a box-ticking exercise but has rather become a strategic investment driver, an important step in value creation.
- Understanding the link between responsible investments and outperformance: the importance of ESG on deal-making and enterprise value creation
- Moving on from compliance to value creation: how does adopting a strong ESG policy lead to better long-term returns within private market portfolios?
- ESG impact on ratings and reputation
- How to integrate ESG into your deal practices
- The social aspects of sustainability
Panel – The evolution of Private Equity in Italy: new business models, opportunities and market trends
This panel will discuss how private equity is changing and how the current market trends (and the reality of the post-pandemic world) are driving this change as well as impacting it. They will also debate investment opportunities to explore the various approaches to the deal process, value creation strategies, sector views and ways of exit.
- How is the macro – rising energy costs, growing inflation and interest rates, shrinking consumers spending – going to impact the Italian Private Equity market? Which sectors are suffering the most?
- View of players: which sectors have been blacklisted and which are rising stars?
- Changes in deal structure: growth of the Italian minority market
- How has the investment thesis evolved? Are new business models emerging?
- Alternative solutions and private equity structure - unique structuring on deals
- Club Deals, Search Funds and Pledge Funds: are these the current investment focus for private equity?
- Generalist funds vs. sector focused funds
- What the viable exit routes are for Italian companies in 2022?
- What is the future of SPACs?
Closing remarks from the Chair
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
Sign-up to join the ION Analytics Community to:
- Register for events
- Access market insights
- Download reports