Mergermarket is pleased to present Risky business: European investment conditions and cross-border transactions, in association with 36Brains. The report features a survey of 60 leading dealmakers spanning corporates, PE and hedge fund players, we have sought to gauge appetites for further M&A—but also to understand the challenges facing dealmakers and how they are addressing them.
Key findings include:
- Expansion into new geographies will be the most important priority for respondents’ M&A strategy over the next 12 months (22%).
- A significant number of respondents (45%) expect at least half of the deals they will undertake to be cross-border in nature.
- The two biggest pitfalls to look out for when doing a deal in a new jurisdiction are cultural barriers (27%) and regulatory issues (also 27%).
- On average, organisations outsource just under 60% of their pre-deal due diligence.
- The most important factor driving respondents’ engagement with third-party advisers is improved risk management, attracting 40% of first-place votes.
Did you enjoy this article?
Add the following topics to your interests and we'll recommend articles based on these interests.